Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the best advice you can give for high school?

I'm starting my freshman year Monday. What are the things I need to know most about academics, making friends in classes where I have none, after school activities, and all that stuff? What is the one thing you wish you knew most when you started high school?What is the best advice you can give for high school?
Wow, I wish I had asked this question when I was your age. If someone told me to not worry so much about dating...and more about what I may want to really spend my time doing, then I would have focused more on my studies and saving money to travel more. I would have spent more time with girlfriends and less time at lame parties.





Academics: Study daily, a little goes a long way. Get a tutor if you are struggling. Do the best you can, and if it is not for you do what you have to do to get into the post secondary school you want.





Friends: Just smile and be yourself. Remember everyone is feeling nervous and worried just like you. Don't worry if you don't have friends in every class.





After school activities: Join groups that you like, if you are an athlete etc...just join a team. Or maybe you'd like student council?





The most important thing to know is, life just keeps getting better and better.





Have fun.








What is the best advice you can give for high school?
I really, really wish someone would have told me not to trust anyone. I know that sounds cynical, but the thing is, people in high school are still too immature to value friendship. People will do anything to get what they want, and that's a fact.





That's not to say you can't have friends. And sooner or later, you're going to give your heart out and trust them. And hey, some people will treat you with the respect and loyalty that you deserve. But it doesn't happen often. Ask anyone; most people will tell you that they're best friend freshman year isn't really their best friend anymore.





If you need some more tips on how to survive freshman year, you can go to http://atthesecrossroads.blogspot.com for a guide (it's there if you scroll down a little) as well as to find other guides on things that will help you get through high school.
Just enjoy it and do what you like. Don't worry about popularity or anything like that, it won't matter once you graduate. Find what you really love and build towards a bigger goal. You're finding out who you are and it will help you later on if you know what you like versus what you don't...for college and beyond.
The best advice is don't lie about urself.


Dress like u,act like u, be U.


Don't pretend.


Stick with old friends and don't strive for acceptance.


Oh and one more thing be nice to EVERYONE.


even those idiots who make life hell, because they will give up if u dont react
Just like middle school. The one thing I wish I knew most before I started high school was the ';pranking Freshmen'; was BS. They never really do anything to the freshmen, just to scare them.

No comments:

Post a Comment