Thursday, December 31, 2009

What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?

I find that parents give a lot of advice and mine did as well. The ones you would like to pass on to your kids are the ones that have had the most impact.What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?
Always believe in yourself and never give up on what you really want. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?
My mother has taught me alot.. she will always be my role model and one of the things she has taught me is that i should work hard so i dont have to depend on anyone..
No matter how hard things get money wise attempt to get yourself out of your own money messes. Once you are successful in doing so you will appreciate your success and take better care for your stuff.
';Where theres life theres hope.'; no matter how bad things get and how messed up things are that as long as your alive theres a chance to turn things around. To never give up hope. That's what it means to me.
The best advice my mom ever gave me was when I was entering Middle School. She told me that soon a lot of girls would be more concerned about their clothes, their looks, and what's ';cool'; than what's really important. She told me to always be true to myself and do what is right. I think that this was really good advice to a girl going into 7th grade and it has always stuck with me.
For next generation its important to teach them about manners!!!








and most important!!


never give away ur virginity to anyone...but only for special one!!!!
MY mom's fav advise was to be myself and if the guys didnt like me for that then screw and my dads fav was IF he loves you he would wait for you to be ready for sex. Both kept me from screwing up my life
1. Once my cousin said about my dad ';If uncle promises something, I know he would do it.'; I wish my children could hear that about myself and be proud of me.


2. My parents believed in me a lot. I am trying to be as supportive to my own children as they were to me.
I remember when I was really little, maybe four years old, I was crying because I was afraid of god. I was afraid of dying, and I was afraid of what would happen to me, and my family when it happened.





So I went to my dad, in the middle of the night, and he said something to me that I'll never, ever forget.





';I can't save you. You can only save yourself.';





It may sound irrelevant, but I think I understand what my dad meant that day. Religiously, I can only save myself. I cannot blame the path of my life entirely on others. I should take responsibility for my life, in total.





That's the one thing my dad ever said that I would pass on to my kids.
never keep that fear of striking out keep u out of the game


all is fair in love and war
My Father-





Always be honest with people and tell the truth no matter the cost.





It is important to try new foods atleast one time.





If you never take a risk you will never know.





College is important.





My Mother





When life gets rough you just have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.





Treat others how you want to be treated.





Trust in the Lord and he will take care of your needs.





Slow down and enjoy things life.





Life is not a race to be won.





Never let the sun go down on your anger.





Always turn the other cheek (this one drove me nuts!!)





Tame your tongue. If you have nothing nice to say you don't say anything at all.





Don't hold grudges in your heart. Forgive others.





The Biggy!! Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident-haha.





My Father and expecially my Mother being from the South had so many funny sayings, but I took to heart all she had to say while she was alive. Now I can pass these good things down to my own daughter and hope that she can pass them down too.








Worrying never got you anywhere
Never use circumstances in your life or your past to define yourself. Instead use those as learning experiences to become a better you and always strive to be the best that you can.
i will allways love you
none of it
Why waste your time hating someone when that person doesn't even know it
never ask someone to do something taht u can do yourself
';Be the best one at whatever you do. I don't care if you're sweeping floors, you be the best damn floor sweeper there is.'; - my Grandaddy
I would like to pass the thing of being there exactly on time and honesty as well.
People essentially don't change - not who they are inside.





You can't argue with barking dogs, just let them bark (meaning people who rant and rant about nothing and with no intelligence, and not even bothering to argue with them.)





Things always end up working themselves out in the end, and usually for the best, even if we don't think so at the time.
If you can count, count on yourself. Change your underwear daily as you never know if you're not gonna be in an accident (old but good one!) Don't go anywhere with strangers even if they promise you ......(fill in the blank).
You're never smarter than your parents.





Every few years I realize how true that is.
';If talking is sliver, then silence in gold';


My mom always knew I'm a bigmouth.
You are judged by the company you keep. That means if a friend of yours is doing drugs and you don't want to. People will think you are doing them too, even though you're not.
';never leave a knife in a woman's hand, she's not a wonder she's a blunder'; my mom.
mine would have to be honey dont grow up likes us, dont smoke or drink or marry some punk @$$ man but my mom never said tht thank god cus her and my dad rock!!!! i kno everyone will HAVE to pass down ';the talk'; tho lol

No comments:

Post a Comment