Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can you give me some advice on how to get my kids on a schedule (please see details)?

My son is starting kindergarten this fall. We are homeschooling. My husband works swing shift. We have no schedule whatsoever. Sometimes we eat supper at 5 sometimes it's 8. I'm going crazy. I am not a very organized person. Do you have any tips for me as far as bedtimes/meals, etc.Can you give me some advice on how to get my kids on a schedule (please see details)?
The only way is to first ignore the shift your husband is working. After that, Up with the sun. Breakfast than school at 8. Lunch at noon. Snack at 2. School is out at 3. Homework %26amp; chores. Dinner at 6, bath at 7:30. To bed with the setting sun.





You can not set a consistent schedule while working swing shift. Keep some food hot but keep to the ';family'; schedule. I worked all three shifts last year %26amp; know. It is going to be harder on you to keep the schedule. It will be difficult for your husband because on the different shifts he will miss things.Can you give me some advice on how to get my kids on a schedule (please see details)?
I don't know the reason you are home schooling, sick child ? Sadly that is going to have to be on your schedule first. Then you have to organize everything around this. You need to set up a daily routine sheet and stick to it. I do hope your child will be able to attend regular school, for both your sakes soon. ( Connie Mom of 4 )
Well first of all start with your sons schedule, give him one hour between waking up and starting the school day, this will most likely be just a little longer than he will really need but gives him time to be awake and ready for school. Do as much of the sit down schooling in the morning with a couple of breaks for bathroom, snack or even recess! Once you have his schedule set then you can work on your own. Once you start to use this kind of schedule you will see the flexability in it. You can schedule time to do certain things with the child so that later when you want some time to clean, cook and do laundry - you can expect him to play on his own more.


Also, I would make a set dinner time for your son's sake. If you make it at 6 oclock then your son can eat at the same time every day- you can eat with him or wait until your husband gets home. Cause if he doesnt eat dinner until 8 its hard to get them settled down at a decent hour so you can have some time with your husband.
Ok, this sounds dumb but it does work.


#1. Go to like a Walgreens or Target or any place like that, and get each of them a pretty little organizer and if they go by that at the end of each week you give them a treat or something.





#2. Get a dry erase boards and put it in the kichen or where there usualy are and put on the times and dates so while they're doing whatever they'll read it and do it.





And lastly you need to give homeschoolers a whole lot more credit than you're doing.


I'm a homeschooler and I have not missed out on anything!


I have about 15 friends and can just think on the top of my head here they're:


Gayla,Holly,Sloan,Sara, Amanda,traci, Jennifer,Emily, Bradley, Michael,Marissa,Alisa,Maria C, Maria M(there are two of them) Melondy,Hannah, and a whole lot more.








hope that helps- becca
my sister homed schooled her children until this year. her children were not on any schedule. they are trying to adjust


now to the new school schedule and her oldest is 16. i wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. you have plenty of time to work this out. most children are very tough and can adjust to most any schedule just make sure its the same routine every day. home schooling is a very good start but has draw backs as to routine. make your work which ever way u can......Good Luck
My tip to you is don't homeschool. Children really need the socialization that they get from being with kids all day long. They need those difficult interactions with people as well as the positive ones to grow properly. I have seen so many unorganized women try to homeschool and usually the same thing happens with all of them. The children are uneducated, have no idea how to deal with people because the only people they see all the time are there parents/siblings, and usually end up living with their parents for most of their life.
I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. After my son was born my husband was on night shift and our schedules were all pretty crazy too. To help me fix this I literally wrote down a char of what time I everything would be done. For example get up and 7:00 breakfast 7:30 story time 8:00 etc. I don't follow extremely strictly for everything like what time we read stories, if she is having fun playing well do it later, but wake up meal times and nap times I'm fairly strict about, of course I do have a bit give there too.


You should expect for the first week or even two that you first start using the schedule your son won't be real excited. But after he gets used to it if you try to stray away from it he will correct you, my daughter does now, saying ';Mommy no eat time now';. Hope this helps
Ok i am not a mother or anything but i am a very good organizer wat u should do is, u sgould get a planner! Just for everyday write down wat time u will do stuff for that day. example: school- 9:00am supper- 6:00pm. like that. that way u are more organized! hope i helped! %26lt;333

No comments:

Post a Comment