Thursday, December 31, 2009

Its my first time flying, i'm kinda nervous, Is there any advice you can give me to make me more comfortable?

So i've never flown before, I am kinda nervous, I don't wanna freak out when the plane is in the air or goes to take off, i'm afraid of it crashing or something else going wrong. I'm also worried that during my lay over I might miss the other plane. Any advice on how to make this an enjoyable experience?Its my first time flying, i'm kinda nervous, Is there any advice you can give me to make me more comfortable?
Don't worry about it. I know that seems hard not to, but the more you worry, the scarier it'll be.





When you taxi, you barely feel the plane move at all. At this point the cabin crew will tell you all you need to know about what to do in case of emergencies and such.





When the plane prepares for liftoff, it starts to go really fast down the runway, and then within 45 seconds you are up in the air. Things may seem a little wobbly at first, but that's just because of moving through the different altitudes. Your ears will pop as you climb through the altitudes also. (chewing gum, drinking something, swallowing, or yawning will alleviate the pressure.)





Once you are in the air, things will feel smooth. You will hear the humm of the engines, but that's normal, nothing to worry about. I actually find it relaxing. If there is turbulence, you might feel the plane wobble a little bit, but remember, planes are designed to withstand this, so take a deep breath and try not to think about it.





When you are approaching landing, your ears will pop as you descend through the altitudes (remember: chewing gum, drinking something, swallowing, or yawning will alleviate the pressure). You will feel the plane slow down and the cabin crew will prepare you for landing. When the plane touches down it kind of feels like a short jolt, and then you hear them cut the engines off and the plane slows down pretty fast.





From there, the plane will taxi to either the gate or the designation where a bus will pick you up. You wait for the plane to decompressurize a few moments before they start letting the passengers out. That was your flight.








To entertain yourself:


- Bring along a few book, magazines, puzzles (such as crosswords or Sodoku if you like those).


- Bring along an iPod, MP3 player, or CD player to listen to music.


- A laptop is good to have as you can play games on it, connect to the internet, and get any work done that you may have.


- Try talking to the people next to you. Sometime you will meet some really interesting people, and forge friendships.








As for your layover, as soon as they let you off the plane, go to the nearest check-in counter and ask what gate your next flight is at. They will point you in the right direction. Airports are equipped with many signs that are clearly marked and tell you what way to go.





Happy traveling!Its my first time flying, i'm kinda nervous, Is there any advice you can give me to make me more comfortable?
no worries, i think u will have a nice time. Just relax and enjoy yourself. just think about what you can do when u land and connect. as for the layovers i have done alot of international flights and never missed one. just pay attention to your flight numbers and boarding times when you land at the connecting airport.


My first flight was in a corporate jet. that was scary to me, knowing it flew even higher than a commercial airliner.. but after like 30 or so flights to practically all over asia im fine and really enjoy it. i still have a little trouble looking out the window!
ive been tried flying every once a year.. well all you can do is just breathe and relax.. read some newspapers and listen to the musics...and so that you wont leave by the airplane you should come on and check in one hour before your flight...try to chew gums while your sitting..relax...relax.....
Valium.
The day of my flight: I give my ticket to the agent and walk onto the plane. I listen to the announcements and notice where the exits are and I watch the flight attendents as they get ready for take off. I tighten my seat belt and put some gum in my mouth and ask the agents how long it will take us to land after take off and then I will wave out the window to my husband and blow a kiss and then close the blind, ( I don't like to watch us taking off), and then when I fell us being push back I will say a quit prayer for all of us and then when we taxi forward to the holding part I will tell the passenger ';here we go'; and then next thing you will know is that the plane will be taxing down the runway going faster and the nose will lift up first and then the wings, and you are up climbing. The plane will be turning while it is still climbing but that is normal until it level off. When it does then the flight attendants will get up and start serving and that is when I get my book or dvd player out and watch my movies and count down until it is time to land.


You will feel the plane turn, and hit bumps, and when the plane level off that is when I open the blinds. I will even look out at the clouds and they look so soft and puffy. Like cotton. Sometimes I have to take motion sickness pills so that I don't get sick in the air but that is OK. You take those before you leave your house and you can get those at the store or even at the gift shop at the airport.


When I land, I always ask what gate is my next flight is and where the gate is and then I will go looking for it. If I come across some monitors, I will look for my flight to make sure that I did not miss it. When I find my gate I will look for my flight on the screen to see if it is still there and I will go to the bathroom and then come back and sit down until it is time for my flight. You will do great. Have confidence in yourself. I do.
eat as much food as they offer
Carry your favorite snacks on with you. You'll see other seasoned passengers doing it all around you, it's cool.


We never eat McDonald's unless we are flying. We pick up a salad after passing security and eat it like a business lunch after the unbuckle seat belt announcement. Airlines are allowing this again...they made us stop for security reasons for a stint, but it's cool again.





You'll be fine during your layover, if you don't go to sleep you shouldn't miss your connecting flight. Don't be shy to ask for directions from airline staff. If you're tired and have a cell phone ask a friend to call you as a wake up call. I missed three consecutive flights once because I was exhausted. The party waiting for me on my destination end began to think I wasn't interested in making the trip!





Happy Trails.
just calm down and try to make small talk w/ the passenger next to you


relax!!


try sleeping
Make sure you allow yourself PLENTY of time to get to your gate. Being rushes will only increase your stress.





Also make sure you drink lots of water and bring some snacks. Staying hydrated and keeping your blood sugar even will keep you from feeling as shaky.
you have a better chance of getting into a car accident than a plane accident. bring a mp3 player to listen on the flight.
Airplane flying is quite safe. I'm also a nervous wreck while on a plane so I totally understand. Remember this...it feels alot like riding a bus. If you close your eyes you will feel little bumps in the road from time to time and some minor josteling just like in a bus. It's all totally normal and expected. To make it as enjoyable as possible...I always take my portable cd player or an ipod. I also get a few xanax from my doctor.
You are more likely to die in an accident on the way to the airport than die during the airplane flight you're on. Don't worry about a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment