Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whats the best piece of advice you have ever recieved>?

i`m leaving tomorrow to start a brand new chapter of my life after what could be called the worst year ever of my life...[2007-2008.]...in this situation,or having been to a really dark place in your life,what piece of advice would you or did you cling onto that brought you out of that darkness?Whats the best piece of advice you have ever recieved%26gt;?
This is an indication of how dark that period of my life was. The advice was you live therefore there is hope. I clung to that like a favored lover on a desert isle. It's so simple yet so right. I had hit bottom and crashed through. It was literally like starting a new life where nothing , including me, was the same. I clawed and sometimes crawled out of that pit I had flung myself into with those words. I live, there is hope. Good luck with your new chapter. I hope it is at least as successful as mine! May things be as they should.


edit


That train mis quote is mine and should be; Always make sure the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train! lol Good advice!Whats the best piece of advice you have ever recieved%26gt;?
When I get into a funk, I recall my favorite quote:





';What is Reality? An icicle forming in fire.'; - Dogen





At first I didn't understand, then it was explained to me and I have tried to live this way ever since. Luckily I found this quote shortly after my last girlfriend broke up with me and I went into a slighy depression.





Ok, the quote is saying that Reality (with a capital R) is an icicle forming in fire. At first this seems impossible, but this is what we do with our thoughts and actions everyday.





We want things to stay the same (icicle) yet things are ALWAYS changing (fire). That is what reality is.





Once we realize this is what we are doing with our thoughts and actions, we must understand that in order to not be in pain we too must move one with what is happening and not cling to the past. That is why we suffer. Keep moving and don't stay in one place with your thoughts or else the constantly changing world will pass you by.
It's going to be weird hearing this but I'll explain.








';Don't mind ****, just spit it out.';








By mind ****, he means don't think everything over and take 5 minutes trying to think of what would be the best answer- just say what you feel- the first thing that comes to mind, you know? Hope that helps!
You control your own actions.





If you ';hate'; someone it only affects you...the person you hate doesnt care that you hate them...they will go on with their life....the only person it affects is you.








Live life like you could be in a car accident and die today, no regrets.






My father once told me son ';life is choice and consequence, be mindful of the choices you make and the consequences that follow. Know in your heart that you are strong enough not only to make the choice but to live with what it brings you.';
The best advice I ever received was when I got married. One of my supervisors in the Air Force told us to live off of one paycheck as much as possible. It turned out to be very good advice because my world has fallen out from under me many times since then.
My mother always said Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto You and my grandmother always said Be Kind In Every Situation and you will never be sorry. Also, when one door closes another door opens so try not to worry.
';Where there's smoke, there's fire.';





It's always true, dear. Always.
I was dating this woman that told me that I should kill myself. Looking back, it was some damned good advice.
The second time a mule kicks you, you don't learn a thing.
To do it no more,is the truest repentance.


Good luck.
a new day has come,


don't look back!


make every obstacle a stepping stone.





















That God loves me and is on His way back some day!!
';If it's meant to be, It's up to me';





i don't remember where i heard that





:)
God is in control
  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment