Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child, I am so nervous i cant think Straight, Do you have any advice.?

I don't no what to expect with the labor pains and the pain after you have the baby, I need some good answer.I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child, I am so nervous i cant think Straight, Do you have any advice.?
My biggest fear in life was child birth. No kidding. I was terrified when I accidentaly got pregnant. I always wanted a child but did NOT want to have the baby. Well, the hospitol I went to did not offer epidurals! So I went all natural no pain meds at all. And honestly. It sucked. It hurt, but not as bad as I thougth. The labor was not that bad b/c the pain only lasts for a min and then your fine. The worst part was the last 3 contractions those really hurt but again only last for a minute. That is the best part you know its going to end unlike a broken arm a contraction ends real quick.





The pushing was hard b/c I didn't know what I was doing. The best way to describe is to push like your pooping. You use the same muscles. And that part is almost a relief b/c it means no more contractions and your almost going to see your baby.





I honestly am planning on having another baby and going natural b/c it really was not THAT bad. I mean dont' get me wrong it hurt but your a woman you can handle it. And just getting to see your baby for the first time is soooooooo worth any pain you can imagine.





Good luck! Enjoy being pregnant dont' worry about the labor until your there b/c there is nothing you can do about it now.I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child, I am so nervous i cant think Straight, Do you have any advice.?
Hi. I am 26 weeks with my first child. Honestly, you are going to worry and be nervous. It's natural.


I am currently taking a Childbirth Preparation class through the hospital where I will give birth to my son. It is helping a lot. They walk us through what we can expect for the pregnancy, the birth, and after. They are also going to give us a tour of the maternity unit, and they will go through basic childcare stuff like diapering, bonding, etc.





I highly recommend taking a similar class if that is an option for you.
I am pregnant myself and I am going through pains I can't even explain. Although I have never had a child before I am found myself asking the same question. My friend just had her baby 6 months ago and she said that it wasn't as bad as she expected it to be. She got an epidurel though. My othe friend had 2 kids and she said they both hurt like hell but afterward it isn't bad, you just can't have sex for six weeks.. or use tampons. I also heard you bleed for a while afterward too. I am not looking forward to any of that and I am sure you aren't either!





Good Luck and God Bless! May God Bless you with a healthy baby and easy pregnancy!
Don't worry your going to be fine. Im not going to sugar coat it yes, its going to hurt. Im 7mts with my 5th full term pregnancy. The previous 4 I did natural. Natural meaning without any pain meds. Since this is the last one Im going to try the epidural. The pain you will feel is like a bad menstrual cramp. You can ease the pain by moving around to your side and walking if you still can. The pushing hurts a little bit. Until you get the head out. By then your numb and wont notice the rest so much. As soon as you hear the baby cry all the pain you've been thru goes away. I was up walking around after a few hours after everyone of my babies. The worst thing you can do is lay in bed and relax. Remember pain is a mind over matter thing at times. You have to train your body for the late nights and up and downs. I suggest if you have a vaginal birth to relax in bed for a few hours after. then get up and start walking. Walk a little bit then go lay back down. Next time you get up walk a little farther. Believe me you will be fine.... Good luck and congrats
Basically, don't think about it, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy. Go to a good birthing class and make sure your partner is prepared to be a good coach for you. After you get to the hospital ask for pain meds, and they will help you as best as they can. Plus, you may be one of the lucky ones that barely feels anything, 5 pushes and baby is out! Good luck!
Just relax and enjoy this time. This is the best time of your life. Keep up with your dr appts, get plenty of rest, a good balanced diet and plenty of walking. Everyone's labor is different so there's not really a way to comfort you on that. I sat and talked through my labor pains. Everytime a contraction came I just held my breath. I was terrified with my first because of all the horror stories I heard but my labor was no where close to the stories. Congrats...
I suggest talking to other mothers that you know in your life - your mom, aunts, sisters, friends, etc. Everyone has a different experience, so no one can say what it will be like for you. Read some books, look stuff up on the web. Babycenter.com has some good info for pregnancy and babies. Good luck!
calm down and don't watch the TLC channel because it will give you the jitters and will make you that much more nervous. I did and I was scared out of my senses, but on the other hand it is educational but go to prenatal classes.
Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Do things like getting scrap book stuff together or journal.
Try to walk much

No comments:

Post a Comment