Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What advice would you give a man dating a woman who was abused by her ex husband?

What are some of the issues that may affect the new relationship? Has anyone out there been through something similar, if so what would you tell a guy in this postion?What advice would you give a man dating a woman who was abused by her ex husband?
be patient, encourage the female in question to seek counselling and expect to be confronted with problems from her past relationship it is unavoid ableWhat advice would you give a man dating a woman who was abused by her ex husband?
There may be too much ';emotional baggage'; to deal with.
That the woman will most likely have baggage from the abusive relationship and should go into therapy before he marries her.
well one issue that may affect the new relationship is she might not be too trusty with guys and she might be afraid still but id recommend just taking it slow and showing her that your a good guy and your not bad just try showing her that there still good guys out there and not every guy she meets will treat her the same as her ex husband did
She might have alot of issues.





Watch out that she doesn't go apesh!t on you someday %26amp; cut your sausage off in your sleep.
be patient with her. not only tell her but show her everyday that you are different then the other men she has dated. be there for her through the good times and the bad because the last thing she needs is another dirt bag in her life. I am going through the same thing with my girlfriend right now she has been mentally and verbally abused all her life and is shy about trusting anyone she comes in contact with. so please just be patient and ride out the storm and enjoy the good days to the fullest extent you can.
I would have to say just be extremely patient. I know in my case, with my fiancee now, I am still having a hard time getting used to someone being nice to me....I don't know how to handle it....and it takes alot of patience to deal with me, because I am just learning how a real relationship is supposed to be...Not to mention that I am not good at talking about my feelings with someone either....from years of being ignored and abused...So, those could be a couple of issues..Like I said, just be patient....and understanding.
My husband is the reason I got out of my last relationship. My ex turned mean and abusive and Lee was my friend and helped me move on, in more than one way. I can say that I still have trust issues, and I get my feelings hurt when we fight more than maybe I should because I am so use to being run into the ground. The main advice I can give you is to NEVER raise your hand to her. Lee knows I would kill him if he did, there's no way I am living through that again. Other than that, show her that there are good guys out there and that you one of them. Which I can already tell you are since you asked this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment