Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best advice you can give to a 13 year old?

About love, dangers, exercising, and life.


Any warnings i should worry about? Should I have a specific diet? Any love gone wrongs? Choosing friends? First date ideas? PLEASE tell me!!!!! How to know if my boyfriend is cheating on me (tips, tricks????) PLEASE are my friends talking bad things about me?What is the best advice you can give to a 13 year old?
Well, at 13 I would hope that you wouldn't HAVE to worry about all of those things, but here is some advice that I can give:





Love: It is VERY rare that someone finds their true love at 13. From personal experience I can tell you that I wasted a lot of my high school trying to find someone to date, and I missed out on a lot of fun with friends. Just try to enjoy your friends and not worry about dating. I know that's not easy when all of your friends are doing it, but you won't regret it!





Exercising: It is always good to have an active lifestyle. Try to find ways to add activity into your everyday routine, instead of thinking of it as ';exercise.'; Take the stairs instead of an escalator/elevator, garden, etc. If you find ways to incorporate activity in your life now at a young age it will make exercising easier and more enjoyable when you get older. But for now just focus on being active, not exercise.





Specific Diet: Have everything in moderation. It isn't always what you eat, but how much of it. Obviously, you should try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible and drink plenty of water. Also fiber is very good for you and there are great foods that are very high in fiber that taste GREAT (I LOVE FiberOne Cereals and Bars). If you want to have a bag of chips or a candy bar that is fine - everyone does! But try not to let it become a main part of your diet. Eat what you know is good for you, and let the other things be special treats - you'll enjoy them more!





Choosing friends/first date ideas/cheating boyfriends/talking friends: All of these are difficult subjects, and I don't think anyone can give specific answers for anything. Because you are so young, friends (and any boyfriends you may have) will be changing a lot in the next 5 years, and you will as well. Try not to take boyfriends very seriously, be the best friend you can be, and make sure you are doing what is best for you. Never let someone else make a decision for you, whether outright or by pressure. Focus on school and having fun. Be safe, be responsible, and believe it or not - your parents are almost always right (I'm not a parent, but I learned that the hard way when I was your age).





I hope this helps! : )What is the best advice you can give to a 13 year old?
i know *everyone* tells u this but just wait wen it comes to boys...theri ALL weird. i'm 14 almost 15. i know ur mind better than u do. i wouldnt date until ur like 16, 17, 18,or even till collage. dont have ';bestfriends'; just have a vireitey of friends, not close friends, ull get hurt. its not worth it. dont diet. and dont get caught up in drama. keep to your self and be your own person, the bible is your only guide now. listen to jesus and let him in ur heart, he is ur saviour. make your education your life now. remember god loves you just the way you are, dont look to the internet for advice, turn to god, and your parents!!!
Live you life according to yourself and let nobody else decide who you are or how you feel about yourself....- good luck sweetie
';Try to act as mature as possilbe';

No comments:

Post a Comment